The Biggest Friday

My school – Sorrento Lingue

My class at Sorrento Lingue (L-R): Michael, Grace, Giuseppe (teacher!), Carolina, Marcia, Amy and me

In class with my other teacher – Elena

The English Wedding Party (earlier), looking much better than they did at 2am!


Friday was a huge day. It started at 6am with a run (go Lozzy!) and ended at 2am in the local nightclub with a few Belgian friends and some locals, watching a very inebriated English wedding party (including bride) attempt karaoke.

For the last two weeks I’ve taken classes with a group of Americans and Friday was their last day, and so, before school I headed to the local pasticceria and bought 8 sfoigatelle to share with my class at morning tea. Following their graduation ceremony a couple of up headed to Bouganville, a great gelateria for some celebratory gelati (not that I ever need an excuse) before I then headed off on my walk to Sant Agnello to my favourite little ‘puteca for lunch. When I arrived sitting inside were a couple of Italian friends also having lunch so I joined them for a delicious chicken salad and tomato and mozzarella bruchetta. Every time I go to Massaniello’s puteca I’m so glad I made the 30 min walk to get there – the food is just fabulous every time.

After lunch, I jumped on the back of a scooter and a few of us went to get a stand up coffee at a local ‘bar’. By then it was time for me to head home and get dressed and ready to meet an English friend from school for drinks and tapas at Luigi’s bar in town. After dinner, I arrived at Teatro Tasso as I’d bought a ticket to the “Sorrento Musical”, a concert showcasing traditions, folk dancing and the famous songs ‘O Sole Mio and Torna a Surriento. Before the show started there was complimentary prosecco served outside on the terrace which overlooked theBayofNaples. The view was spectacular… as was the show which followed! The music was moving and the entire show so entertaining that I never wanted it to end.

Following the show I was roped into having another prosecco in the courtyard by the show host, then a drink in the square, until I was finally able to escape and go to meet some friends at Daniele’s Nightclub. At 2am it was well and truly time to leave as I had a huge day ahead of me the next day which I’ll write about in another post. But needless to say Friday was a great day filled with adventure, excitement, good food with friends and entertainment from beginning to end.